Saturday, November 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

The beautiful lady on the right is my Mother.I have so many great memories of her and I have the privilege of creating more all the time.
She is such a loving caring person and someone I have always looked up to. I remember thinking as a young mother "If I could just be half as good as my mother I will be doing great."
She spent hours doing things for us kids and my dad. There was always good food to eat and clean clothes to wear but she went above and beyond. There were also late nights spent helping us with projects, sewing dresses for dances and just being there to talk to. She even went toilet papering with us...back in the day when it was done respectfully...she was so fun to hang out with. She still is so fun to hang out with!
I got to visit with Mom and Dad last weekend and it made me realize just how precious these times are.
I love you Mom! Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a great mom you have. It is awesome when you have good examples in your life to look up too. I think your an awesome example in my life. Your mom did a great job! I beat she is very proud.

Trisha said...

That is such a cute picture of Grandma!

bonnie said...

What a wonderful Birthday gift. Thanks Debbie! You are one of my JOYS!