Saturday, January 17, 2009

CATCHIN UP IS HARD TO DO! Part 3

Hold on...I hope your ready for all this!
Christmas was really different this year...very quiet on Christmas day...waiting, patiently waiting, (something I could improve on regarding this holiday) then everyone was here! The Grandkids were hugging and chasing each other and cheering...lots of hugs and greetings, laughter and love. I could never have too much of this!
We started the first night by celebrating Heather's Birthday. Her's is the most documented Birthday of anyone in the family...one good thing about having your Birthday the day after Christmas.For me?...Ohh you guys!
She wouldn't tell her wish.


Fun Birthday gifts


and the kids couldn't wait for her to open her presants and explaine what they had drawn for her.


True treasures are the memories we make.



A sweet message from my favorite son.
I love every second I get to be with him...he is such a strong person, it couldn't have been easy growing up in a houseful of girls!




All the kids wanted a turn playing with Aunt Trisha!


She is so much fun and always has the best ideas!



My sister Diane gets all my grandkids presants for Christmas.
Look out for when she gets some of her own!


The anticipation!

And the fun!



Thanks Diane!!!




The next morning, after hanging ALL Grandmas window clings up, The breakfast of champions,
Captain Chrunch!

The Haws family arrives and we are ready for presents.

Everyone want to help Sophia


Beautiful Princess



Bean bag fishies

Pirate booty

and oh so much more!


How sweet is that!

Even the big kids liked there new toys.

Game nights are on!

The man behind the scenes
Cute new hats


After the gifts we headed out to play in the snow! Yeah!!



Well the snow had been rained on and was less than desirable....let's just say I'm glad that no one was hurt. (other that the tube's and poor Phoenix being scared for Charie and Kai)



Heath and Krystal were good sports and ended up going on a hike they haden't planned on for the day. It sure was good getting to spend some time with Krystal, she is such a cute girl.


Look at that blue sky! It really was such a beautiful day...even if it wasn't such a good tubing day.


When we got back home Trisha had all the tables set up for our big feast! She is such a good organizer and party planner! We toasted to each other and the new year and whatever anyone wanted and ate lots of good food...not too long after that the puking began...so sad we won't dwell on that.
All in all it was a great time and one more affirmation as to why I love my family so much and therin have "JOY IN MY POSTERITY!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

What a great time it was!

Heather Aleece said...

MoM! I totally love this!! You got some great pictures. Glad you have one of the cool frame T made of our race!

You are right I am so so lucky to have my birthday documented. Everyone asks me if it sucks...and of course I surprise them explaining how awesome it is!!!

Angie said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I hope my girls get along as well as yours do. I love the relationship they all have with one another. I just hope we can get and keep that with our girls. Don't you love being with family! It is the greatest!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Ohh Mom I am impressed with your documentation. It is so fun to see/read everyone's take on the same events. I love the pictures you took too. you got some great ones. Love you and the puking definitely won't be what we remember:) Thanks for making it so special!